Posted on July 26, 2017
Lower back pain problems are a common issue for many patients treated at Dr7 Physio and Podiatry in Yokine Perth. Many of our patients from the surrounding suburbs such as Yokine, Dianella, Joondana, Tuart Hill etc, are being successfully treated for back pain every week by our highly experienced physiotherapists.
Usually lower back pain is caused by a strain in the muscles or a sprain in the ligaments in the lower back. Things that contribute to the strain and sprain to the muscles include:
- Improper lifting, instead of squatting down and lifting with your legs you bend over and lift with your back.
- Lack of regular fitness, running after a long time can strain your muscles because it is not use to it.
- A ruptured disc, the disc may be pressing on the sciatica nerve causing constant lower back pain.
- Poor posture, if your posture is bad certain muscles groups will have to compensate for the other areas. This causes strain in the muscle that is working over time.
Lower back pain relief:
- Cold packs, applying a cold pack to your back may reduce the inflammation of the muscles. It also slows down nerve impulses which causes spasms that causes lower back pain.
- Heat packs, this will stimulate blood flow which increases the healing process.
- Stretching, continuous stretching daily can loosen the tense muscles in the lower back.
- Taking medication, Pain relief medication may temporarily reduce your lower back pain.
- Come down to Dr7 Physio and Podiatry in Yokine Perth to get a physiotherapist to administer dry needling, manipulation and releasing your pressure points with a massage.
- A professional masseuse at Dr7 Physio and Podiatry can target the right muscle group and strains to relieve you from lower back pain.
- Strengthening your core, this will provide support to your lower back.
- Exercise regularly, this will keep your body healthy and strengthen other muscles in your body which supports to the lower back.
- Be well rested, sleeping is a very important factor and sleeping sideways is also beneficial to the lower back.
- Lift heavy objects correctly, keep your back straight and use your legs to lift and not your back.
- maintain proper posture, keep your back upright and correct your posture so all the muscles are correctly supporting one another.
We are well located to provide physiotherapy, podiatry, hydrotherapy and massage to Yokine, Dianella, Joondana, Tuart Hill, Osborne Park, Coolbinia, Mount Lawley, Bedford, Inglewood, Balcatta, Stirling, Nollamara and surrounding Perth communities.
We have been providing friendly and professional physiotherapy, podiatry, hydrotherapy and massage treatment since 2001.